An online survey is a great tool for conducting follow-up evaluations after a program concludes to determine retained knowledge gain, actual adoption of best practices and/or technology, etc. – provided you have an appropriate sampling frame of participant email addresses from which to work. It is also useful in obtaining immediate feedback from participants at the conclusion of an online program, for a needs assessment, and for a variety of other data collection purposes.
Qualtrics is the online survey tool currently supported by Organizational Development and provided at no cost to you as a Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service employee. It is powerful and feature-rich yet easy to use.
Creating a Qualtrics Account and Logging In
- To start a Qualtrics account – contact Dr. Scott Cummings in Organizational Development.
- To login your Qualtrics account.
Quick Start Guide
- Quick Start Guide to Using Qualtrics for Evaluating an Online Program.
(This involves the use of a survey in the Qualtrics AgriLife Library with little or no modifications and assumes no prior experience or familiarity with Qualtrics. See the “Training Guides from Organizational Development” section below for more detailed instruction on how to create your own Qualtrics survey from scratch.)
Training Guides from Organizational Development
- The Qualtrics interface after logging in.
- Creating a survey with Qualtrics.
- Overview of survey question types in Qualtrics (more in-depth look at the types of questions available to you)
- Distributing a survey with Qualtrics using a single anonymous link.
- Distributing Survey with Custom Links Using the Qualtrics Mailer.
- Data & Analysis.
- Using Skip Logic.
- Using Retrospective Post Data from Qualtrics.
- Making a Survey Available in the Qualtrics Library.
- How to Copy Email Addresses from Excel to Outlook.
- URL Shorteners.
Qualtrics Training Recording from Organizational Development
Qualtrics – Basics:
Qualtrics – Beyond the Basics:
Surveys from Organizational Development in the Qualtrics AgriLife Library
Note: The number in the name refers to the number of questions. These surveys are accessible via the Qualtrics Library feature. To use one, select “from library” when starting a new survey, select “Texas A&M University College of Agriculture and Life Science – Extension and Research” and then the “Organizational Development” folder. Each has a “pdf preview” (pdf file for quick review) and an “online preview” (how it looks online with full formatting including page breaks).
Short Surveys (these should format well on mobile phones)
- Version OD3 – learning, plans to adopt, anticipated economic benefit – (pdf preview) (online preview)
- Version OD4 – overall satisfaction, learning, plans to adopt, anticipated economic benefit (pdf preview) (online preview)
- Version OD5 – overall satisfaction, learning, plans to adopt, anticipated economic benefit, comment about takeaway – (pdf preview) (online preview)
- Version OD6 – overall satisfaction, learning, plans to adopt, anticipated economic benefit, comment about takeaway, recommend the activity (pdf preview) (online preview)
Longer Surveys (these are easier to complete on the larger screen of a desktop computer, laptop, or tablet rather than on a mobile phone; you must add your own learning and planning to adopt items – just like on a scan form – and delete any unused items)
- Version OD9 – ANR Regional Acres – learning, plans to adopt, acres, anticipated economic benefit (on per acre basis and contributing factors), net promoter score, two open-ended questions (pdf preview) (online preview)
- Version OD10 – learning, plans to adopt, customer satisfaction (overall and other), anticipated economic benefit, recommend the activity, open-ended question, participant background (pdf preview) (online preview)
- Version OD10m – learning, plans to adopt, customer satisfaction (overall and other), anticipated economic benefit, recommend the activity, open-ended question, participant background (more mobile phone friendly) (pdf preview) (online preview)
Instructional Video from Organization Development on Using Surveys in AgriLife Library
Survey Questions from Organizational Development in the Qualtrics Library
- Individual survey questions (notes these are organized by question type – see first portion of question name); add questions from the library as you build a survey by clicking on “Import Questions From . . .” Then select “Texas A&M University College of Agriculture and Life Science – Extension and Research” and then the “Organizational Development” folder.
Example Surveys Used in the Past
- Follow-up to an in-person activity sent via email – opening filter question (did you attend), learning, intentions to adopt, anticipated economic benefit, net promoter score – (pdf preview) (online preview) – answer “yes” to the first question otherwise you will be taken to the end of the survey.
Standard Customer Satisfaction Survey for Adults and Youth from Organizational Development
Click on the link below and go to the bottom of the page (“Customer Satisfaction Online” section) for details. Important! You must follow the specific guidelines or lose your data! This involves emailing a completed cover sheet for you activity to Paul Pope in Organizational Development at least a week before your activity.
Help Resources from Qualtrics
- Help resources from Qualtrics. This is text-only but is very helpful in getting you started. It is also thorough – covering every option and feature. After accessing the page, note the sections boxed in red below are the most relevant and presented in logical sequence. Start with the “Project Page” tab, then proceed to the “Survey Tab”, etc.
Training guides on video from other users:
Provide us Your Feedback!
Was this Qualtrics Resource Page useful to you? What was most useful? What was lacking? We appreciate your honest and frank feedback so we can improve the offerings on this page.